Thursday, January 31, 2013

Megan Deasey




My name is Megan, and I am from a little town named Oxford, Massachusetts. Not going to lie, Oxford never has anything going on. All we have is a CVS, McDonald's, Market Basket, Dunkins and N&Js. The only reason besides the obvious I stayed is because I had the best friends a girl could ever ask for. In November of 2009, I got my first job at the new grocery store in town, Market Basket. Actually, me and ALL my best friends did! I'm still there in the year of 2013 but I am now known as the "bread girl" because I take care of the bagels, bread aisle, donuts, frozen desserts, deli and bagel falts, and the pie table. Market Basket has opened quite a few doors for me as far as new relationships; I met many friends, and I even met my boyfriend Will there and we have been together for almost two years now.

 I am a freshman student at Nichols College located in Dudley, Massachusetts. I major in criminal justice managment and minor in accounting. When I graduate I plan on going to law school in order to become a lawyer. If for whatever reason I don't make it, I know that I will still have a job I love in the industry that interests me the most.

I have been riding horses since I was five years old. At first I would just go to riding lessons and have fun. When I began getting compliments I would strive for more time to go riding, I even convinced my mom to buy me a horse! My first horse was named Huggy-Bear. Huggy is getting older everyday so I got another one who is a show horse who loves to be showed off, his name is Playboy. He has a playboy bunny brand that everyone stops to stare at. I treat both of them like they're my children.

From my digital apps course, I hope to gain knowledge on computers because I hate them. 

A blog that I like and interests me is called The Jungle of Life. I thoroughly enjoy this blog because it is inspirational and is able to give you advice on how to live your life with a lot more merry.  Some topics the author approaches include relationships, anger and your future.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I can't believe you've worked at Market Basket for so long! Or that you got a job in 2009..In 2009 I wasn't even thinking about jobs, and I just got my first job in 2012. So, looks like you're ahead of the game! Also, I think it's cool that you got to work with best friends - I work with mine, and I love it. About the boyfriend, good for you!Two years is a pretty long time for people our age.Also, I don't know how you work with him! If I ever worked with any of my previous boyfriends, i'd go nuts. And about the horses, you're so lucky! Growing up I always wanted one, and I live down the street from a stable. When I was younger I just couldn't keep myself away from there because the horses were so beautiful. Over all, your blog had good flow and it was actually interesting to read.
    See you in class,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete