Monday, January 28, 2013

A Little Background


My name is Lindsey Oliver and I’m from town, pretty much “over the river and through the woods” from Nichols. I’m a freshman, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Business Communications. I’m a commuter, but I’m pretty much always on campus.  I'm a waitress at a fine dining restaurant within a nursing home called The Overlook Communities at Charlton. It has its ups and downs, but on the brightside it is the equivalent to having about a hundred pairs of grandparents. I’m athletic and I love to play all kinds of sports, but I also love to dance and sing. I love to travel and I hope to do so abroad during college. In the digital apps course, I hope to learn how to improve my powerpoints and my use of excel.
My Brother, Scott, & I in Grand Turk
I went on my first cruise this past summer through Carnival and it was the best vacation I've ever been on (except for going to Disney World, of course). I traveled to Puerto Rico, Grand Turk and St. Thomas. Puerto Rico was really cool and St.Thomas was beautiful and a lot like old Europe. Grand Turk was the only island that actually felt like an island, more palm trees than people. From Grand Turk, I went on a Catamaran sail. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. It was a booze cruise/ snorkeling excursion, which proved to be interesting. Everyone in the crew was Jamaican and they were some of the coolest people I met while I was traveling. Being on the islands was so different from being in New England, for obvious reasons, but also because everyone was so laid back and just didn't have a care in the world, it was really cool.

Something that most of you would'nt know about me is that I was in show choir in high school. Our group was called Fantasy and here is a video of us performing Indestructible in our show called Loud Machines (my sophomore year.)


 
 
While searching for blogs, I stumbled upon one called In House with Karmin. Karmin is a dynamic duo/band that became famous a couple of years ago after being discovered on YouTube. I was lucky enough to see them perform at the Kiss 108 Jingle Ball concert this past Decemeber. I had always liked their music but fell in love after seeing them live, so of course, I found this blog about them really interesting. It is a credible blog because it was created by writers within AOL Music.

Heres one of the videos that caught the public eye and made them famous:





 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting blog to read. I thought you did a great job in the introduction paragraph describing yourself and telling us a little bit about yourself. Throughout the blog, you gave great commentary, especially on your comment about "having hundreds of grandparents" while at work. I can relate to Disney World being one of my favorite trips that I went on as a child. I remember being afraid of the roller coasters for the first couple of hours but after that the rest of the week was very enjoyable. I don'y know what your favorite ride was but I believe I went on Splash Mountain around ten times. Also, good job describing your cruise to jamaica this past summer.

    ReplyDelete