Thursday, January 31, 2013

Kelly English's Blog

My name is Kelly English I'm from Mansfield, MA. Mansfield is a little town about 45 minutes away from Boston, for those who don't know where it is, it is the next town over from Foxboro, MA (Gillette Stadium). There is not much to do in the town of Mansfield but play sports and hang out with friends. So it's a relief that I'm at college now where it is less boring. I'm a freshman here at Nichols College, where I plan to major in Psychology. I love the idea of working in the Psychology field because I find it to be extremely interesting and also I love helping people with their problems. I attended Mansfield High School where I was a three sport athlete; playing Soccer, Basketball, and Softball all four years. My whole friend group was basically based around the sports I played. My friends and I have been close since fourth grade. I love hanging out with my friends its my favorite thing to do. My brother is one of my best friends, he is awesome and always knows how to make me laugh! My friends mean the world to me, I don't know what I would do without them! I got my first real job when I was a junior in high school, I worked at a tanning salon in the center of my town: Sun Kissed Tans. At Sun Kissed I was a personal assistant to my boss, I worked the front desk, and I opened the salon everyday this summer. Although it's definitely not the hardest job in the world, sitting behind a desk and listening to music, there were times especially during prom where it got chaotic! My life isn't that interesting, sorry guys! :(


I am looking forward to taking Digital Applications this semester! Taking Digital Apps it going to be a very helpful course because it is going to teach me how to do different things on the computer especially with Microsoft Office! Even though we have only had one class so far, I have already learned so much! I never actually knew what blogging was to be honest and now I do! This course will provide me with a deeper knowledge of the computer and the tools I can use on it!

The blog that I found the most credible to me was the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team blog! This blog shows different posts and pictures of the team. Soccer is my favorite sport, so this blog is the most interesting to me! I play soccer here at Nichols, so its really cool to follow the best women's team in the world. To see what is going on in their world is so awesome!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I think you did a great job on your blog. I am also a freshman here! It's great that you live near foxboro. I love to go shopping in Patriots place and the wrentham outlets. That is great that you are best friends with your brother. i grew up as an only child and never had the oppertunity of having siblings around. Luckily my cousins filled those spots for me growing up. I am also very close with my friends and couldnt imagine what it would be like with out them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly,

    I think your blog here great!! I didn't know you lived so close to foxboro. I always wanted to go there! I never know you had a brother so well. I wish I had a brother. I also played basketball, too. But it didn't turn out to great from me. It must of been nice to have a job where you don't have to do that much. I love that your really close to your friends still from high school. I am not really close with my friend from high school but I am close with my friends from a neighboring town. I LOVE the you found a blog about the women's nation team. I am a big sports fan, no matter what sport it is I love to read or watch it. I can't wait to read your next blog!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete