Sunday, January 27, 2013

My History


My name is Kayshawn Wallace; I am a freshman History major from Boston, Massachusetts. I am a part of the football team and track club here at Nichols College. One of my favoirite players that in a sense made me purse football was a man named Reggie Bush

 

One of my favorite thing to do on my spare time is to play video games, it’s just something that really take my mind off things and makes me feel isolated from everyone around me and from the different thoughts that go through my head.

 

I have worked at a summer day camp in Weston, Massachusetts called 'The Meadowbrook Day Camp' for about three years now. The camp only goes from 1st grades to 6th grades, and throughout my years at the camp I have worked with the youngest kids and the oldest kids. So I would defiantly say that I've been around bush. This has been the only real job that I have worked at.

 

Me not being much of a computer guy, I hope to gain not only knowledge of the internet from this class, but a like for differently things that the internet that has to offer. I am usually only on the computer when I am typing papers, looking something up, on Facebook, and on YouTube. Besides that, I've only heard of some of the other great things it has to offer.

 

One of the blogs that drew my attention, and exemplified a very strong an effect voice was a blog called My Background. The main reason as to why it drew my attention was because he was a student athlete, and he talked about sports in his blog. Not only that but his situation when it came to choosing what schools he was going to go was very similar to mine. I was also caught in a web when it came to choosing schools; Dean College was a very good history school with great teachers who surprisingly reached out to me, expressing how excited they were to get started with me. On the other hand, the Nichols College football coach was showing me a lot of love, showing me around campus on my visiting day, introducing me to the other players on the team, and sitting down with me and showing me film on them from their previous season. Not only that but Nichols College was one of the rare schools that had bathrooms in there dorms. With all this and more taken into account, it was not long until I understood that Nichols College was the better college for me





1 comment:

  1. I like the way how you made this blog to become very creative. All the images and the video made it interesting to read. Me and you both play on the football team here at Nichols. We both like Reggie Bush and we can both agree that he is an unbelievable athlete and football player. Breaking many records at USC and winning the Heisman Award. Also I like to play video games in my spare time. I bet me and you have a lot of video games in common that we both play in our spare time. Also when being recruited to play college football me and you were getting looked at by multiple schools. I know what it was like and it was not an easy process to end up choosing to come to Nichols. The video you posted is such a motivator because it shows everything that we both might to have gone through to reach the point in our live we are at now.

    ReplyDelete