Thursday, January 31, 2013

Patrick DeRosa


         
Me vs. St. Johns senior year
          My name is Patrick DeRosa. I am from Lynnfield Massachusettes, a small town right outside of Boston.  My favorite sport is soccer.  I have played soccer my entire life, started when I was about 5.  Playing soccer was definitely my best memory of  school and I am now hoping that will continue. I play defense for Nichols College and am currently in the winter session.  So far,  the soccer here has been my favorite part of the college experience.
       
       The blogging site that interests me the most is Barstool.  This is a site where a man posts his opinions and views of sports matters.  Sometimes it is not even about sports, but they are usually funny.  He has strong opinions, and I enjoy reading his posts.  There is also a section called Barstool boston, which is my area.  In this section, a friend of mine was awarded a barstool make-over, saying he has bad taste in clothes.  I always log on to barstool before I go to bed.  It is a nice site to just scroll through and read all the funny posts.  People can also make comments on them themselves which are also ammusing.  Sometimes, my mind can get lost on barstool, and I will find myself just scrolling through his blogs.

            What I am hoping to get out of this class is just a better understanding of technology.  I feel like I am behind my generation when it comes to these things.  I have trouble finding things on the interent or just finding things I want to know.  I am no good at using powerpoint or an of the other extras that are on the computer.  I was not even able to set up the wi-fi on my x-box, but am currently trying to figure that out.  I use I.T. services a good amount here, when I cannot figure something out with my phone or laptop. Hopefully that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment