Wednesday, January 30, 2013


My name is Benjamin Nelson. I'm a Sport Management major, and a commuter from Auburn, Massachusetts. I have lived in Auburn for my entire life, gone through the Auburn public school system, and am an active member in the community. Auburn isn't a small town but it's not at the scale of a city like Worcester. It's a pretty large town with a lot of business which attracts a lot of people to the town. I currently have a job at the Burger King in Auburn right on route 20. Surprisingly I am the only one who works there that actually lives in Auburn When I’m not at attending class or at work my hobbies mainly include sports of all kinds. I enjoy playing baseball, football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, frisbee, and running track. All of my hobbies as you can see are active ones. I hate staying in one place for too long like you do when you play video games and such. Being active, running around, and competing for something is most fun in my book. The only real thing that I do that doesn't involve athletic competition is scouting. I have been involved in scouting most of my life and I have earned the rank of Eagle, the highest honor in scouting.
From this course I hope to better learn the ways of using computer programs like excel. To come away with a larger understanding of these programs so I can better utilize them in the future.
The blog that interest me is written by Tim Kurkjian a writer an analyst for ESPN and it is about Major League Baseball's spring training. the reason that this is a credible blog is because it is written by a credible sports writer and annalist, and that he writes it for a credible network. The reason that it interest me is because baseball is my favorite sport and what goes on in spring training sparks my curiosity. How the players are doing, who is the next rising star who is showing a spark. Everything about it gets me more excited for opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment