Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog #1

My name is Zach Levy and I'm from Grafton, Massachusetts. I'm a freshman at Nichols College where I am a Sport Management major. For my past jobs, I used to be an umpire for my towns Little League. I'm currently a cashier at Price Chopper Supermarkets in Worcester, Massachusetts. On the Nichols College campus, I do work study where I work as a Nichols Fund Caller. For that job, I call past almni and ask if they would be willing to donate money to Nichols College. That money goes to towards scholarships, the new student center, etc. For some of my hobbies, I played baseball in high school and in my free time I love to play golf as well. Sleeping, playing Xbox, and hanging out with friends are some of the other things I like to do. Sports have always been a huge part of my life. My dad put a baseball in my hand when I was 3 years old and from that time until now, I was constantly playing baseball. I just don't love playing the game like I used to.


I love using the different programs that Microsoft Office has to offer. In high school, I took a class called 'Microsoft Office', where we spent time on word, excel, and powerpoint. I sometimes struggle with Excel so hopefully this class will help become for familiar with how to use that particular program. I can also use this class to my advantage because I'll most likely learn unique aspects of each program, then use that knowledge for different presentations for different class through my tenure here at Nichols College.

A blog I found very interesting was the Boston Sports Blog from Boston.com. Although I love all sports news and stories, this blog specifically talks about Boston sports, which is really cool because all my favorite teams are of the Boston area. Also, it's just one writer for every blog story and his name is Eric Wilbur. Although I just discovered this blog, I feel since about Boston sports I'll constantly be visiting it and reading it's latest stories and blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. Zach, we definitely have baseball in common, my dad also started having me play when I was yound to. I also am an umpire like yourself in my home towns Little League Program. I don't know if it is a baseball thing but I also like playing golf in my free time and I feel like a lot of other baseball players do to. Although you do not love playing the game like you used to anymore hopefully you still like it enough to be a fan. I can't believe that with all of this in common we are not friends yet and never hangout. Hopefully come baseball season we can watch a few Red Sox games together or something! Hopefully they will be a little bit better this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way about baseball and hockey as you do. I loved playing both sports growing up and I definitely miss them at times, but not enough to make me go pick up wither game again. Once the weather gets better outside we definitely need to play a few rounds together. Golf is a great hobby and I guarantee the better you get the more enjoyable it becomes. I am also a huge Boston sports fan. I love watching every team besides the Red Sox, cause I am a die hard Yankee fan!

    ReplyDelete