Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sean Hoey's Blog


My name is Sean Hoey. I have lived in the town of Auburn,Massachusetts since I was born. I am the third generation of Hoey's to graduate from Auburn High School. An interesting fact about that is in 2006 Auburn opened the new high school and I was the sixth class to graduate from the new Auburn High School and my grandfather was the sixth class to graduate from the old Auburn High School. Within my four years at Auburn I witnessed our football team win 41 straight games along with being Superbowl champions all four years, our girls soccer team won the Massachusetts State Championship and were district and Central-Western Champions two years in a row, our Field Hockey team was also District champions and Central-Western Champions, our baseball team won State Championship, and all of our sports teams made districts at least one of the years. Senior year all our sports except two made districts.
 
 

My plan was to go to Assumption College for my four years, but I am very satisfied with my decision to attend Nichols College, it has been a great freshman year and I have already met some great friends. As for what I will be doing here, I am planning on studying International Business and possibly Finance. My decision to study international business comes from my passion for foreign languages and learning about different cultures, throughout high school I took up to French five and Spanish four. I am also a huge numbers person, and I love math, which is why I figured the best way to fit my passion for math and foreign languages/ cultures would be to study International Business and Finance.








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
From this class I hope to learn more about excel. I have done a lot of projects with excel but I still have no true grasp on how to use some of the things in excel.  I hope at the end of the course I can have some kind of mastery of excel and all its math uses that will help me with my business courses while attending Nichols and while I am in the work force.

I love my New England/ Boston sports, so it would only be fitting to find that I post a blog about the New England Patriots. The title of this blog is “If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join Em: My Take on Wes Welker,” this is also suiting, because my favorite New England player is Wes Welker. I know this blog is credible because Pats Pulpit is a very popular blog spot for Patriots fans to get news, other than from ESPN.com and/ or Patriots.com.  In this blog, from the Pats Pulpit, they talk about the potential future of Wes Welker with the Patriots. Luckily, this blogger feels the same way I do about Welker, he also believes the Patriots would be stupid to not sign him another contract. At one point in the blog they say “Wes Welker is the Patriots’ most productive receiver and it isn’t event close.” He has led this team in most catches, a lot of yards after catch, and numerous amounts of touchdowns. In my opinion, he gives Brady a better name than Brady gives himself. Yes, Welker has screwed up in crucial parts of the game, but if we want to take a look back at Brady’s interception last week at the end of the game I would be glad to. NFL players are just as humane as us non-NFL players, we all make mistakes. So are the Patriots not going to resign Brady because of his interception, and will Patriots’ fans keep re-hashing that play by Brady? Probably not, so lets get back to the Patriots’ game of football, and resign Wes Welker.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog Sean,
    Its funny that we live about a town apart and I have not seen you before. I hung around with many people in Auburn High School but i never bumped into you. I find it very interesting that you and your grandfather are both sixth to graduate from the new schools. Also its pretty cool that you got to witness the 41 game winning streak. I am pretty sure that you witnessed beating Saint Peter Marian a few times. That is the school I went to and you guys were always a tough team to beat. Just like you I love Boston Sports especially the Pats. It's to bad you didn't go to Assumption College its a really nice school and it's in a nice part of Worcester. But i think we can both agree that Nichols is not only a great school to go to but the community here is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean,
    I feel as if your personality comes through in this blog. From the pictures and by the way it was written. You mentioned you like to learn about languages and cultures. I am currently in a class that studies exactly that. The course is called Around the World. So far it is very interesting. I find it very impressive that you studied two languages, and for that long. Good for you! Since you do have such a strong French and Spanish background I think you would do very well in the class. As for your blog, I am a Patriot’s fan as well!! I also do like Wes Welker, even though he is not my favorite. He contributes a lot to the team I feel. I personally think he is almost inspirational because he has been criticized about his height. But he kept/keeps pushing through and surprising fans despite the criticism. His height also works to his advantage. I think it allows him to run faster, and his size compliments Tom Brady's accurate throwing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, I think its so awesome that you are the third generation of your family that has gone here you really kept the tradition going. I also think that your personality is shown through this blog. You talk about all your interests and hobbies that you like to do. It great to see that you like to learn about different cultures and traveling. I am too also into traveling. I think everyone should because its such a great experience to learn different cultures and lifestyles. I can also see that football is a really big part of your life and that you really get into the games. Its good to see that you are a well rounded person and like different things not just the same old ordinary things. I really enjoyed reading your blog because it kept me interested and wanting to read more about you. I learned something new about you that I didn’t know before.

    ReplyDelete