Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meghan Dombkowski


My name is Meghan Dombkowski. I am from Sagaponack, New York. Its a small village that is part of Southampton Town on Long Island. Sagapopnack is located between Bridgehampton and East Hampton. Most people come to Sgagpaonck in the summer because of the location. Sagaponack is located in the middle of "The Hampton" and right by the beaches. I live with my parents, Thomas and Sandra, and my two sisters, Courtney and Samantha. Courtney, just graduated from college last spring, and Samantha, who is my twin, goes to a Community College back home.

I graduated from East Hampton High School located in East Hampton, New York. In high school, I played field hockey, basketball and lacrosse. Now, I am a freshman at Nichols College. I am majoring Sports Management. I LOVE IT HERE!! All the people are so nice and the professors are really nice and they know my name. At Nichols, I play field hockey and lacrosse. This past fall, the field hockey team made it to the Commonwealth Coast Conference. We loss in overtime 1-2 to our rival team, Endicott. I scored in the first half, and it was the only goal we had. My teammate, Emily, scored two times but didn't count. For lacrosse, were starting up this Monday, Feb. 4th.

I hope to learn and gain a lot from this class. One of the most important thing that I am going to gain from this class is learning how to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Also, I will learn how to use a computer a lot better then I did before.

I found this one blog about a person that loves sports, and its mostly about tennis called Great Scot! Murray Wins a Slam!  This blog is mainly about how Andy Murray and how he finally won a Grand Slam event. Britain finally had Grand Slam Champ after 76 years. In this blog, it talks about Murray's career as a pro-tennis player. Many people say that this era of tennis is being played by some of the undeniably players, like Murray. Even though he hasn't won a lot of finals, but he had appear in many of them. Many people may thing that Murray is a brilliant player they have ever seem in their life.


2 comments:

  1. Meg! Wow! I never knew you had a twin, that's so cool! I think having a twin would be so awesome! I also think its really cool that you live on Long Island, New York! Ive only been to New York twice to go to New York City and to go to a soccer tournament! New York seems like a great place to live, especially your part of Long Island by the looks of the picture! I play sports here as well, I play soccer! I'm sorry your field hockey team went as far as they did and lost in overtime that must of been awful! But you guys had a great season and should be very proud of yourselves! Good luck with lacrosse this season, you're going to do great! I feel the same way about this class we are in together! I feel as if we are going to learn a lot about Word, Powerpoint, and Excel! I can't wait! I also thought that the blog you chose was very interesting! I never knew that Great Britain hadn't won a Grand Slam event in 76 years! Andy Murray is a hero over there! Your blog was fun to read and I learned so much about you! Can't wait to read your next blog!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I really enjoyed reading this, very factual! I didn't know that you were a twin, I'm sure she misses you dearly, maybe Dombkowsi number two should attend Nichols College! And BOO Endicott! I was at that game, reffs stunk, but you'll beat them next year! As for Long Island, that's very cool. I want to go visit Long Island one day, do you live near Hofstra University? I love it here at Nichols College too, I like how close the students and staff are here, brings a bit of a 'homie' atmosphere. I find the blog interesting about the guy from Great Britain, where did you come across that one?
    Can't wait to hear from your next blog,
    Sean Hoey

    ReplyDelete