Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Background





My name is Justin Doyle and I was born and raised in Springfield, Massachusetts. I grew up in a nice neighborhood with my mom and my sister. I have attended three separate schools in my life and high school was my favorite. I went to a small private school, Cathedral High School, where my graduating class consisted of 122 people. I had the privilege of playing golf and basketball in my four years in high school. I still feel like these were the best times of my life because I was able to develop friendships that I know I will have for a long time.

I applied to three other schools last fall - Western New England University, Springfield College and Saint Leo University (FL) - and was accepted to all three. After visiting these schools, along with Nichols, I was forced to make a choice between four schools that I could picture myself succeeding at. All four had great Sports Management programs which make my decision more difficult. It came down to me realizing that Nichols had the most connections and would help me get a job right out of college. I saw the variety of places they had placed students with internships and I knew this was the place that would help me get to my goal working in the Sports Management field. I'm very happy with the decision I made because I have made some great friends on this campus and have enjoyed everyday I've been on campus.


At a very young age I was introduced to sports and have been following them ever since. I'm a die hard Boston sports fan as I root for the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins for professional sports teams. I also follow college football and college basketball and I root for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (football) and the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. I feel lucky to root for teams that in most years have very successful seasons. Since sports has always been a part of my life I decided to study Sports Management to learn about the business aspect of sports. It is already interesting to see how teams and leagues are run. The following is a video from the New England Patriots victory in Super Bowl XXXIX over the Philadelphia Eagles.


A blog that I find very interesting is about the New England Patriots and it is called Pats Pulpit. I think it gives very good insight into the Patriots, my favorite team to watch. I like reading sports blogs because i find it interesting to read what others have to say about what is going on in the world of sports. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree with what is being said but it is still one of my favorite hobbies when I have nothing else to do.



2 comments:

  1. I really like this post because I could relate to it greatly because I am a student athlete myself. Not only that but I do dealt with the stressful college situation, not knowing which one I was going to go to after everyone else already knew where they were going a month before. I had also gone to a small school in Wayland Massachusetts, which a graduating class with not to much more as yours. Just like you, I have had also grown up with my mom and my sister. The patriots are also my number one team; I grew up with them always being the topic of conversation, so I just grown to like them just as you do. With that being said, I also love my New Orleans Saints, because of my favorite player Reggie bush, and also because of the situation that they went through with Hurricane Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man I really like your blog. I also came to Nichols for the same reason too. I want to get a good paying job right out of college. That's cool that you like sports like basketball and golf I have always wanted to play an actual golf course one day. I am also a die hard Boston fan. I love the Pats, Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox. Do you know what you want to do after school with your major? You should try to work for one of the sports teams in Boston that would be really cool plus you would make so much money. Also I like that video about the Pats. That was a great super bowl win for us. Lastly I am sorry about the BSC championship with Notre Dame I wish they won or I wish that game was closer. But anyways good job on this blog man!

    ReplyDelete