Friday, January 25, 2013




   Hello my name is Nick Roderick. I am from Attleboro Ma. I live 10 minutes away from Providence Rhode Island. I played soccer my whole life up to my senior year of high school. I have two jobs, my first is Van Heusen , My second job which is my favorite is The Comcast Center. I am currently going to Nichols College. I am a freshman and I am majoring in accounting and I am planning to minor in something but I don't know what.
 
Some of my hobbies include video games, hanging with friends, and sports. Something people don't know about me is that I am a national champion in duck pin bowling. "What is this?" You may ask. Just watch this video. It will tell you the basics of what it is and how it is similar to regular bowling.
 


 
The main thing I want to learn from this class is how to learn excel and I want to get better at power points.
 
In this blog it talks about duckpin bowling. This is a credible sorce because it is a legitimate cite. The reason why I chose this is because I am very interested in bowling. I started young at 10 years of age. I always had a high average for my age growing up. I played in many tournaments and won a lot of games I won states 3 times in a row and nationals once. My first year we won states we lost at nationals. But the second time we won states we were won nationals and becamae national champs and it was a great feeling to be that. My team got known in Rhode Island and I was put in the papers. I did not realize all this stuff happened to me until recently when I thought about it and then it all hit me that not a lot of people can say that they are champions let alone a national champion. I stopped bowling after 4 years because it was becoming exspensive and plus my soccer career was becoming more important at the time so I switched focus. One thing I find cool is that after I won my last state championship I would never bowl competively again. I wasn't even able to go to nationals because I had a soccer tournament to go to. That is why bowling interest me. Because I was never to even say good bye.


3 comments:

  1. Nick,
    I'm jealous that you live so close to Providence, I absolutely love Rhode Island! I had no idea you worked at Van Heusen and the Comcast Center. Those sound like two completely different, but really cool jobs. I hope to gain the same things as you from digital apps class. I want to learn how to use excel and brush up on my powerpoint skills. Up until this point, I had never heard of duck pin bowling. Its so awesome that you've been so successful with it and won so many titles! I know what its like to switch focuses when it comes to sports though. I used to love softball and played it for about ten years. However, once I started high school, I fell in love with field hockey and stopped playing softball. Now, I don't play either of the two at varsity level anymore, but its still fun to have pick up games here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just start of an say great post. The fact you have been so into athletics is nice to know. Me myself, I have also been involved in athletics for a long time. Working at the Comcast center must be a ton of work but fun at the same time. Bowling is great thing to do as well. i bowl with my friends a few time a month but the fact that you are so good to win states three time and make it to the national championship is amazing. You have got to have some pretty good skills. the fact that you never really got away from it is good. even though you don't compete competitively anymore doesn't mean you cant have a great time doing it with friends, and what i can tell by your blog it's something that will stick with you for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, you're my hero. Duck Pin bowling national champion? That's amazing, who even knew that they held competitions for that? That is awesome. I have only been Duck Pin bowling once, and I'm pretty awesome (but not really), we'll have a face off one day. It is then we shall see who is really the National Champion. In all seriousness though that is pretty awesome. I actually didn't know you played soccer though. Are you playing here as well? That seems like it would be a pretty tough career to be juggling. As for saying goodbye to bowling, there's always time for more. Like when we have our battle. Don't worry there is no need to be sad, and it isn't goodbye, it's see yeah later. ;)

    ReplyDelete