Friday, March 1, 2013

Whistle Stop

I grew up Oxford, Massachusetts. In Oxford, there's not much to do.. In fact we have a police station, grocery store, 4 nail places, 7 pizza place (WHY) and a few coffee shoppes. But we have a really good restaurant! The restaurant's name is the Whistle Stop.

 Ever since I was a baby that couldn't even walk, my family has been taking me here. It has a bar, multiple televisions to play and watch keno, scratch tickets, and really good food. The waitress' are upbeat, friendly and fun and they even remember you when you come in. 


When you walk in you are allowed to seat yourself. The waitress sees you walk in and she brings over a thing of popcorn for you to snack on. Obviously, you order drinks and with a full bar you are allowed to order anything you please. The food is all cheap... Most under $20. It ranges from salads, to steaks , and all the way to seafood.


Now that I have a boyfriend who is not originally from Massachusetts it is fun bringing him places that I grew up around. He lives in Worcester now and he has Wednesday off and I only have class on Wednesday until 1:30 so we go out to eat at the Whistle Stop every Wednesday.

In a town that is so boring fun comes from what you make of it. I'm glad that we have something that is cheap food because I'm just a part-time worker. The managers of the restaurant are also always there. They walk around this upbeat atmosphere to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves and the food came out cooked just as they had desired. On a weeknight, it is hard to even find a parking spot, so forget even going to eat. It is always busy past 5:00, but at least a local business is making enough money to support themselves. 

Over all, the Whistle Stop has a had a notable impact on my life. As somewhere my parents used to bring me to eat is the same place I now bring my boyfriend every week. The food is delicious and the staff is one of a kind. Another review can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    We should go to this place between classes one day! Sounds like a great place. I would love to try their food. Thats cool that you bring your boyfriend there. It must be a fun experience everytime since you went there as a kid. I bet you probably have stories about your family going there when you were younger. Resturants in small towns are always fun to go to. Basically because if you are a regular, you already know the staff! Not only that, but i bet there are people still working there from when you were a kid, till this day. This resturant also has an interesting name. I've never heard of a resturant with that name before, so it is deffinetly one of a kind. All in all great review. Obviously it must be good if you go there every week!
    See you in class,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete