Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tips on Couponing


I am here to tell you an easy way to start couponing. Whenever you think about going out to the store for anything, always look for coupons. In todays world you will most likely find a coupon for anything that is at the store.

1. Dont ever leave the house without looking for coupons on what you want to buy. You will never regret taking your time to look for coupons.

2. Make use of all the sources out there for coupons. There are thousands of websites that you can go on for coupons. Usually grocery stores will have a website for coupons.

3. After gathering your coupons, you need to organize them. Think about where the items are in the stores and put them in order of when you will come upon the product.

4. Try new products that are cheaper in the long run. Always be open to new products and brands.

5. Buy in bulk! Whenever an items on sale always buy in bulk!

6. If an item is ever free buy it! You may not have use for it right away but eventually you can sell it to someone else or you can donate it.

7. Always look for the smallest size of the item. Usually whenever you buy the smaller size of the item they will have a sale for a free item.

8. Keep it easy and simple. Bring along family members to help out with gathering your items.

9. Always plan out your shopping in advance. Write down exactly what you need and how many you want.

10. Open up a separate email account for emails for coupons.

11. Stack your coupons when possible.

12. Sign up for as many loyalty things that you can birthdays, anniversary, rewards programs.




When starting to coupon you have to plan out all your shopping trips. Couponing is an easy way to save money on things that you need everyday. From my own personal experience, couponing is worth it in the long run because you will eventually save up enough money in the long run for something that you will want or need.


2 comments:

  1. Sam,
    I started reading your post and all I could think of is the show on television called “Extreme Couponing.” I’ve watched the show a handful of times and was absolutely amazed at the amount of money the people saved and also the stash that each person had at their home, including ridiculous amounts of paper towels and cans of soup, etc. It seems like an addiction! Anyways, I liked your post. I think that couponing is a good idea for every family; however, it doesn’t need to be taken to the level of the people on television. I love finding good deals, no matter where I am shopping, and it wouldn’t hurt if I sat down with my mom for an hour every Sunday and helped her clip coupons in the newspaper. Its so easy to spend anywhere between $100-$300 on groceries weekly, so I think every little saving helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam,
    I just wanted to start off saying that like your topic it was a unique idea. I also love couponing; I try to use them for everything. It reminds me of the extreme couponing show on TLC. You can save so much money or even get some items for free, but sometimes when you go to the extreme it turns into a full time job. I personally would not take it to the level they show on television. It’s a good strategy to have because every little but counts. I would not mind sitting down with my mother one weekend to clip coupons or help her look online. A single Wal-Mart trip could run easily two hundred dollars. So clipping the coupons could save us a few dollars here and there. Especially in this economy every dollar counts.

    ReplyDelete