Thursday, March 28, 2013

How College Students Free Themselves From Work


There is one thing that every single student in college hates. The amount of time you have to spend your nights or weekends doing work instead of going out and having fun. Especially if their an athlete and have to have very strict time management. What if I were to tell you that there was a way that you can go to you classes, do your out of class work, and have every day after 5:00 pm. and every weekend free of work. Well there is. If you follow these few instructions and tips of advice I have you will never have to spend another night cooped up in your room or miss something fun on your weekends.

This is a basic system of time management that can free you in a way that I see it not many people actually do. It is something very simple that will free your life. We all have that time in between classes right. Or we have days during the week where we don't have any classes at all. Those fractions of time in between classes that we overlook actually add up to a lot of time during the week. And in these few hours is where you can get all of your work done. Now I know what you’re thinking. "I use that time to relax in between classes so I don't fry my brain." But here is that thing this is when you brain is at it best when you not distracted by the life of the evening and weekend.

Now the next part of this I know almost none of you are going to like, but actually helps out a lot. That is taking early in the morning classes, like ones at 8:00 am and 9:25 am. Now I know no one wants to get up that early but it’s proven that you brain works it best in the morning. The other thing is once you are up in the morning there is not a whole lot to do in between classes, a perfect time to get all of you work done. I have been doing these things since the beginning of the semester and there has been only one time that I was doing work after 5:00 pm. and I have never had to do anything on the weekends. So trust me when I say if you do these things your evening and weekends will always be free.



1 comment:

  1. Ben,

    This is a great blog! I think this is something that should definitely be shown to incoming freshman in college. I also 100% agree with you on taking morning classes. As much as I hate waking up at 7:30 for my 8am, I am allotted more time to do homework, study, and hang out later on in the day. I have personally experienced afternoon classes (2:15 classes) and am not a fan of them at all, it give me little to no time to do homework or studying because I am too focused on hanging out with everyone. Time management is a concept that will forever be difficult to grasp, especially when you are involved with the school, you want to do everything possible so I personally am constituently changing my schedule to reach the demands of my extra-curricular. However, if I did have more morning courses it would be easier to complete all my extra-curricular.

    Sean Hoey

    ReplyDelete