Thursday, March 28, 2013

How to Play Offense in NHL '13


           Tonight I am going to teach you how to play offense in my favorite game, NHL ’13. Now if you are also a NHL fan I congratulate you, you picked the right game. If you don’t play NHL you are making a serious mistake. I am going to target the most important area of NHL ’13, offense. With the help of this blog, it will be easier to strategize offensively in NHL ’13 which will lead to more goals and more wins. Now let’s get started.

            There are many different offenses that you can run in NHL ’13. I run three offenses, these are the rush offense, the circle offense, or defensive offense. Personally, I like to run the rush offense the most. The rush offense allows you to put pressure on the other player and force them to make mistakes while you drive to their net. This offense is best suited for a fast, playmaker type offense. The next offense to run is the circle offense. This offense is designed for a slow-paced, sharp shooter heavy team. In this offense, the player would circle the puck around from the point to the net in the hopes of getting that perfect one-timer shot. This strategy works extremely well on the power play. The third and final offense I run is the defensive offense. I run this offense when I am playing a kid who is a lot better than me. When I am outmatched, I will put more emphasis on my defense thus taking away from my offense. The defensive offense is a counter-attack offense which takes advantage of the over-aggressiveness of the opponent. Basically, you look for odd man situations and push the puck up ice quickly hoping to score.
            These three ways to score are only a few options, but there are hundreds more. In the video I posted, the creator of the video discusses plays or strategies that he uses. So my advice for you would be to take notes, pay attention, and practice these moves. I am always open for more challenges in NHL ’13, I could use some more wins. If you’re daring enough, go for it.

1 comment:

  1. First off, great post. I am still learning the game of NHL '13. I'm learning from a great player in you. I agree that offense is one of the hardest parts in the game. I'm hoping to beat you and Kev again in our tournament we have going. I'm just glad I found a new video game interest that takes me away from Call of Duty! An easy way that I learned to play NHL was by playing you or playing unranked online so I got the firsthand experience and I was taught the proper way to play. However as I have learned, I am not allowed to play as a defenseman because I suck at playing defense. Hopefully this weekend we will get some games going between you, Kevin and I! And I hope that I get matched against that online kid that was screaming into his microphone and making us die of laughter!

    ReplyDelete