Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easy way to make Red Velvet Cupcakes

Red Velvet cupcakes with cheese cream frosting are one of my favorite desserts. I love to bake and decided that I would like to find a less time consuming way to make red velvet cupcakes whenever I wanted to. After experimenting with numerous methods I finally found one that works best for me. Even though these cupcakes cannot be made from scratch in a short amount of time, a boxed cake mix can help the process along. For the cupcakes I used;  a box of white cake mix, 1/3 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolate and red food coloring. I followed the directions on the box, and after all the ingredients were mixed I melted the semi-sweet chocolate. To melt the chocolate, I put it in a bowl and melted it for 30 second intervals and stirred it each time I took it out. After the chocolate was completely melted, I stirred it into the rest of the cake mix. Once the chocolate was mixed in I put in red food coloring. You can put as much as you want in until you get the amount of color that you want your cupcakes to be. After the batter was mixed, I put it into the cupcake pan with the liners and put them in the oven. They are usually done between fifteen and thirty minutes.

While the cupcakes were baking in the oven, I started to make the cream cheese frosting.  For the frosting you need; 1 package of Philadelphia cream cheese, a  1/2 a stick of butter, 16 oz. of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. I first mixed the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, and vanilla together. I mixed it in a small bowl until the mixture was soft. I then began gradually adding the powdered sugar until the frosting was really creamy. After the cupcakes came out of the oven and cooled down, I frosted the cupcakes by putting the frosting in a Ziploc bag and cut the corner off of the end. When frosting the cupcakes I feel that this is the least messy way to do it.

I found this website that makes the cupcakes the same way I do.  This saves a lot of time if you want to make a great dessert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment