Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yearly Visit to Florida

Every year during April vacation my mom, my sister and myself would go down to Florida to visit my grandfather and step-grandmother. They moved from Springfield down to Lady Lake when I was five years old. They live in a small section called The Villages which is famous for its golf courses and being what they call a "golf cart community." I'm very big into golf so having a week of 80 or 90 degree weather in the middle of April is a dream come true for me. Usually I have the opportunity to go out twice while I am down there since there is much more for us to do during the vacation.

Since it is a vacation, we go out for food to a variety of places throughout the week either for lunch or dinner. My favorite place we have gone over the years is called Oakwood. I was never big into barbeque ribs until we went to eat there a couple years ago. Ever since then I have loved eating ribs even though I hate the mess that they can bring about. Another place that we like to visit is the Boston Fish House in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. I think my favorite part of this restaurant is not only the amazing fried haddock, but also the view of the beach in the backdrop.


Over the years we have visited many different landmarks in Florida. My favorite being Daytona Motor Speedway in Daytona, Florida. While there, we got a tour of the track and all the behind the scene things you don't normally see. It was a memorable experience because my grandfather, my sister and myself all got to stand on "Victory Lane." If you are in Daytona, the beach is a must see. So after we spent most of the morning at the Speedway, we headed over to the beach to finish off our day. I am disappointed I'm unable to accompany my sister and mother to Florida this April.
















"A very friendly place with soooooo much to do." - P.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment