Sunday, April 7, 2013

Washington D.C

If there was one place that I would want to go for vacation or a holiday is Washington D.C. I myself have been to Washington D.C a couple times, and every time I do go I feel like I am dipping into a cup full of history. Being a history major myself, I am absolutely in love with Washington D.C. I actually had plans to go to school there solely because of its historic venues and the predominately liberal arts school that populates it. With the beautiful Potomac River and Washington channel centering the lively district, it brings me at peace with nature and my surroundings.
I can’t tell you enough how lovely Washington D.C is to view at night. I makes me feel like everyone sees me and just makes me thing "Mostly everything that happened and happens in the United States of America all start here, it is my nation’s capital." I feel like our past leaders talk to me as well.



The certain things that I'd make sure I do is go visit all the monuments such as the Lincoln (also the building that he died in which is not too far from the memorial) memorial and make sure to speak with him about how much our economy has change for better and worst. I would definitely go to the Smithsonian Building and examine some of the world’s oldest and originalist items known to man.


I would have to take a stroll though Georgetown; Americas most historic waterfronts. Being one of the oldest neighborhoods D.C,  Georgetown was a commerical center and a significant port during our colonial times.

I would definitely have to visit the three houses of government, a place where our economy and society is formed. It will give me a better understanding of our history and the U.S government itself.

The lowest round trip price would be 365.40 plus tax. I would also sleep in the Washington Court Hotel which would be 109$ a night.
I personally think that D.C is the best place to be for who ever likes history. Hell its like your waking up to history. There is no other place I could picture myself being for a vacation; Washington D.C is absolutely amazing
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is a real cool blog. I have never been to Washington D.C, but i have always wanted to go. It must be awesome standing and looking at all the history in D.C. It is also very close to us, so it is not a very expensive vacation. I am not too interested in the three houses you have talked about, but I would definitely love to see the monuments they have for the battles and past presidents. Thank you for telling me all about my capitol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not have agreed more with this blog! I too am a history major here at Nichols College and would absolutely love to go Washington D.C. I have been there once, when I was in the seventh grade. I still remember all the memorials, especially the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. As future President of the History Club, I am actually working on a plan for the History Club to visit Washington, D.C. hopefully sometime next year. It truly is an amazing trip and I am very glad that you chose this as your blog topic. The great thing you said about this vacation is its price, its not too bad. With the tough times we are experiencing now, planning a trip that is low in cost in amazing. But you really get all the bang for your buck, seeing all those monuments is by far the best part.

    ReplyDelete