Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tampa Florida

My dream destination where I would like to vacation in is Tampa Florida. The reason I chose Tampa is because it is the home of the New York Yankees Spring Training facilities. As a huge yankee fan, I want to be at the spring training games to root for a vacation trip.  I grew up watching and playing nothing but baseball. I always idolized the New York Yankees. Every spring, I try to watch at least one spring training game. I always say to myself that one day I'm going to take a trip down to Tampa for a couple of days to watch spring training baseball. My favorite Yankee's baseball player is Robinson Cano.  He is #24 for the Yankees and is also their second baseman. He won the 2011 Homerun Derby and is considered the 3rd best player in baseball of the 2012 and 2013 seasons. My trip to Florida would be for 6 days and 5 nights. The round trip flight with hotel accommodations would cost in total $1025. I would be flying by American Airlines. This total cost doesn't include rental car and gas costs.

While in Tampa, I would like to take a road trip to Miami and visit the beaches to get a tan and experience the life of sitting on the most famous beaches in Florida. Any trip that involves baseball and tanning on a beach is a trip for me. Tampa is 283 miles away and approx. 4 hours and 17 minutes from Miami Beach. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel in a Luxury Suite right on the beaches of Tampa.

My ticket prices for each game could range from $9 to $59 or if I wanted to rent a Luxury Box, it would cost $450. My rental car would be a 2013 Dodge Durango that would cost me $99 per day. For a total of 6 days of rental car use, I would pay a total of $594.

My dream trip to Tampa, Florida would be one for the ages for myself. Normally, I do not like to travel. I am a stay at home kind of guy. I don't normally like to spend too much money to travel far away where I can see it on TV or the Internet.

3 comments:

  1. mike, your post is right on point. Tampa, Florida is the place to be. Any Yankee fan would say that. 6 days and 5 nights sounds like a plan for me. It has a pretty reasonable price too! But I would rather go to an island to get away from civilization in general. If i was in Tampa, I would definitely take a little ride down to Miami for a night. That sounds like a plan! Taking a drive to Disney or Orlando for day would also be nice. There are so many things to do in florida. University of Tampa is also a great school to go if your looking to go down south for college in the future. And i like your last paragraph about being a stay at home type of guy. I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post Mike. I have been to Spring Training and it is an absolute blast. The weather is perfect so you can watch baseball all day long, or take breaks and hang out on the beach. I too am a huge Yankee fan but my favorite players are Jeter and Posada (while he was playing that is). Furthermore,I think you are right on track with the costs of your vacation, but you might wanna think about driving down. Whenever my family goes to Virginia to visit relatives or Florida for vacation we typically drive. It make seem annoying but you save a great deal of money on airfare and rental car money which you can instead put towards meals and baseball tickets. As a whole, I really like your vacation idea and I think taking a day trip to Miami would be awesome because there is so much to see and countless activities to fill up the day with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post mike. I have the same ambitions when I come to his. I two want to go so see spring training. The only difference is I want to go see all the team not just one. But I think it’s great that you have so much enthusiasm towards one team. Even if that team is the Yankees, personally I am a Red Sox fan for life. A road trip to visit the beaches is a great idea I did it a few years ago and trust me when say you will have the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete