Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dream Vacation

For a long time, I've always wanted to go on vacation outside the United States. I've never left country before and I feel I'm missing out. This summer I have a plan with a few friends of mine to go to Montreal. My friend's brother has a bachelor pad up there and I feel it would be a great experience. However, this isn't my "dream vacation". Someday, when I have enough money, I would like to visit Greece. I've seen pictures everywhere and I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the world. I hope to possibly study abroad there before my college days are over with. To be honest, I don't know what made me want to go to Greece originally. I think one day, it just hit me. For those of you who don't know, there is a twitter handle called "Earth Pics", and that account is constantly throwing up pictures of Greece, making me want to go there even more.

Looking at the flight expenses, I saw that a round trip from Boston, Massachusetts to Athens, Greece is $655. Not only is Greece beautiful from its natural views, there's also some amazing landmarks there, that attract millions of tourists each year. With it's rich history with Greek gods and goddess, many people are flocking to take a look at the scenery, sculptures  and landmarks.  One landmark that is very popular is the Parthenon. It's a temple dedicated to the Greek goddess, Athena. Another landmark that is well visited is Mount Olympus, which is the largest mountain in all of Greece. Greece has held the most Olympic games of any other country, including the first ever event.


No comments:

Post a Comment