Monday, April 15, 2013

Dream Vacation


If I were to go on my dream vacation, there is only one place I would go. That would be Florida in March. You might be asking, why so specific on the month. Well there is one simple reason, baseball spring training. To be even more specific. I am a huge baseball fan and spring training is like the mecca of baseball fans because about half of the ball clubs are in one state for an entire month. Now this isn't the cheapest trip to take. A plane ticket from Boston to Miami averages around $185. Plus you have to deal with the price of hotels in Florida, not the cheapest. Luckily for me I have close relatives that live in Boca Raton, so I would not have to worry about the expense of a hotel.

Florida at this time of year is probably the best time to go. The temperatures are in the nice ranges around eighty degrees with the water being very close if not the same. Going around this time of year also eliminates the chances of running into the very annoying summer tourist so it is very peaceful and fun at the beaches.


But then there is the real reason I am there, spring training! Baseball has been my favorite sport for the longest time. I can remember a time were baseball was not part of my life. The thing about spring training is that there are so many teams and the tickets are so cheap. The average spring training ticket is around $15 and there are so many games every day and every week. Even better all the games are within an hour or two in driving distance, making it so convenient. If I where to go down there for two weeks I could probably see about 18 games. Now I don't know about you but that is one of the greatest deal I can think of. so in reality a two week trip down to Florida for spring training would cost about $900 if you include the plane tickets, game tickets and cost of food and other things that are needed to be spend for a good vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment