Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bora Bora


 
 A place that one day I aspire to go to is Bora Bora. Many people ask where Bora Bora is. So where is it? Bora Bora is an island in the Leeward group of the Society Islands of French Polynesia. The population of Bora Bora isn't enough to keep the economy going, the island relies heavily on tourism. Many people go to Bora Bora or at least strive to because of their villages on the beautiful ocean.
 
 This island is a favorite destination for many of the rich and famous. Celebrities include the Kardashian family, Kristin Bell, and Jeff Goldblum. Many of the tourists are infact celebrities and that is because it is difficult for the island not to fill up of tourists. Only the wealthy and the prestigious are able to reserve their spots.

Traveling to Bora Bora is not cheap. For a 5 day 4 night stay flight and hotel included the cost averages between $4,000-$9,500 per-person! Most people think that the cost may be ridiculous, however if I am ever able to have that kind of money, I'd be the first one to sign up for a trip down to Bora Bora.

The top ten things to do in Bora Bora can be found here.  Some of these things to do is ride a wave runner throughout the island, since it is small enough to do that. On this island you can feed sharks and sting rays... Something like that is something you'll never forget. Of course you can snorkel too! The most enjoyable thing to do on this beautiful island though? Kick your feet back and relax!

I don't know if it is the relaxation factor that draws me to this island or if it is just the crystal clear waters. Either way- This is my dream vacation. I only hope it will come before I have children so I am able to relax there just like everyone else. Bora Bora is my ideal location for a honey moon. What better place is there to spend some time with your newlywed than an island that you feel as if you're the only on it!


2 comments:

  1. Megan, I think you did a great job on your blog. I’ve always wanted to go to Bora Bora and think it should be everyone’s dream vacation. If I can go to Bora Bora in the future I would love to stay in one of the bungalows on the water. I think it would be amazing to wake up right on the water every morning that I am there. Like you mentioned in your blog, I would also love to go snorkeling and feed the sting rays! I did not know how much it would cost to stay in Bora Bora for four nights. That is still too expensive to me but hopefully one day I can go there after I am out of college. I also like the link that you posted on the Four Season hotel. I looked at all of the different types of bungalows you can stay in. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to stay in one someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    You are always talking about going on vacation with Will, and counting down the days until you do.. I think instead of Florida, you should go to Bora Bora!I think it looks way better then Florida. It would be so awesome to go there and literally stay on the water and be able to go snorkeling when ever you want. Last season on the Kardashian's they went on a family trip to Bora Bora and it looked beautiful. They stayed in the coolest bungalos and I was so jealous. The beaches look incredible and the water is perfectly see through. From watching the show, there seems to be plenty to do there as well. I think it would be well worth the money to take a trip there. Great job on your blog, see you in class!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete