Friday, April 12, 2013

home is where the heart is


There is only one place I would like to go visit again is Oklahoma. Mostly because all my family is down there, also my tribe is there. I think it would be nice to see where I come from. I also love the weather, tornadoes are calm and when I was little I wanted to be a meteorologist so I like the constant change in weather.

 I never been to a powwow I’ve heard of everyone going and how much fun they have. I want to experience it for myself. I know my cousin Jenna been to a few when she was younger, she said they were an experience of a life time.

I only had been down to Oklahoma once when I was eight. I don’t remember much because I was little. But I do remember eating biscuits and gravy every morning, my uncle and I messing around, meeting my cousin for the first time, and going to Texas. We went to Kensie Texas to visit the military base my dad was born in. every generation of the Howe clan goes in and serves its 4 to 8 years.

I would not want to live there permanently.  I want to experience Washington DC. Then again Berkshire County is where I am from. It may not seem much to me now but, it’s where I grew up. It’s beautiful there; I would not trade it for the world. Life takes you on many journeys; I may not know where ill end up, but I’ll never forget my ground roots.

I am not too sure how much the cost of living in each area is but, I know for a fact the Washington DC will cost the most because of its location. Second would be the Berkshires and the cheapest would be Oklahoma. In all places I will end up I still will be able to have a family (not any time soon). I think at the time it will come down to what part do I want to live in the west, the south or back home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment