Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Waterville Valley, New Hampshire





Although it is best known for it's skiing in the winter, I prefer to vacation to Waterville Valley, New Hampshire, in the summer. Only about an hour and a half outside of Boston, Massachusetts, this small communitee has a plethora of fun summer activities. There is a nine hole golf course, boat rentals, fishing in the Mad River, hiking, tennis, and mountain biking.



Depending on what kind of car you drive, the trip to Waterville Valley, New Hampshire from the Boston area is about an hour and a half drive with no traffic. Plan on there being some traffic though especially if you are planning on going up for a weekend and leaving on a Friday afternoon.

There are many places to stay in the Waterville Valley area, but one of my favorite places to stay is The North Face. Pearched up on the side of the mountain known as Noon Peak they offer some of the best views in the entire valley overlooking Mount. Oceola. These condo style lodging areas go for about $1,000 a week in the summerbut upward of $3,000 a week in the winter. Late in the summer though some of the owners will even offer deals such as $2,000 for offer two weeks or so or even $3,000 for the entire month. This usually gets offered in August which is typically one of the slower months in the Waterville Valley area.

It is a great vacation spot though for those who truley do love being active and the outdoors.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Ben! Although I've never seen or heard of this place ever in my life, it seems like a great spot for a family vacation! It also seems as though it's a peaceful and quiet place, with no distractions or worries. Another great thing is how it's so close to us! You cant beat a 90 minute drive to peace and quiet. It is pretty expensive so if I ever want to go, I'll make sure my parents are the ones paying for it! Of course, having the picture of Golf makes it extra appealing to me. You know I love me a solid round of golf. Throw me a couple bucks and we should definitely play up there some time!

    ReplyDelete