Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Washington, D.C.


If I could pick one place to go on a vacation to it would have to be the capitol of the United States, Washington D.C. I have been to D.C. once before, on a field trip in 7th grade. It was by far my favorite trip ever, it was better than California, Florida, or if you’re familiar with Massachusetts, the Cape. The entire trip was visiting monuments and for me, having a heart attack every time we saw one. I love history and if you love history too, Washington, D.C. would be a dream trip for you. You’ll never want to leave. The entire area is amazing, each monument having its own significance to our nation’s short history. You should see D.C. at night in the Spring, there are few better places to be. Everyone is outside buzzing around, visiting the sites, and you can’t help but feel proud to be an American.

World War II Memorial
If I were to go Washington, D.C. again I would go see every sight I possibly could but unfortunately, you can’t view them all on one short vacation. I would have to go see the World War II Memorial, The Vietnam Wall, and Lincoln Memorial. These three sites look beautiful and they are filled with history. On top of these three memorials, I would also go see the White House. I would love to see the home of the President of the United States, both present and past. Visiting Washington, D.C. is an absolute dream, and I would suggest you do it.

Vietnam Wall
Lincoln Memorial
The two best ways to get down to D.C. would be by plane or by car. I would recommend a car because it gives you the flexibility to go where you want, and if you want to stay more days than you planned to, you can. But you need a room. And let’s be honest, you are not going to be spending much time in the room so when picking a hotel it is about two things, location and do they have a good bed and breakfast. If I was to recommend a hotel to you, I would recommend the cheaper the better. For example, the Motel Six located at 1345 4th Street Northeast, Washington, DC, DC 20002, would be a good bet with a pricing of just $105 per night. There are so many reasons to go to Washington, D.C. but so few reasons not go. You get to see the history of America for a low price, so why not? It’s perfect for someone looking for a good vacation or a history fanatic who just cannot resist. Go to Washington, D.C. I promise you will love every second of it.

1 comment:

  1. Bobby,
    Great Job on your Blog!!!. I have never been to Washington D.C before, but your blog sounds pretty convincing for a vacation. I would love to visit there sometime and also go sight seeing. I am also a history buff so all of the sights and memorials that you have listed about i will keep in mind. Maybe one day when I go there I will see all of them. You are right the World War II memorial would be the ones that would interest me the most because that is the stuff that really like a lot. Besides the World War Two monument another significant land mark or statue that I would like to visit would be the big Lincoln one. I have always wanted to see it and only have seen pictures. I want to up to it and see how big it really is. Lastly i would love to take a tour of the White House. This would be a great time for me. Again Great job It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete