Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dream Vacation


I have been on many vacations, from summers in Wells and York Maine, to class trips in Quebec, and even to the Amazon and Ireland. I can say that I have enjoyed every single one of these trips. One thing that I do want to do, however, is go on a cruise. I would love to do what is called “a semester at sea,” where you don’t just visit one country but about ten. Basically you are a cruise ship for an entire semester and you go to class just like you would at Nichols. On the weekends, you stop at various locations. I would love to stop in France, Germany, Spain, Ireland, and maybe even Egypt!

 

I studied French throughout my high school career and I would love to continue learning French. While in France, I would want to visit the Eiffel Tower, La Louvre, L’Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame Cathedral! As bad as it may sound, I enjoy a lot of the history involving World War II, especially the Holocaust. I find it interesting because the multiple stories that is still being discovered. So while in Germany, I would love to visit the Nazi Camps. In Spain I would love to visit my friend in Madrid, but I also studied Spanish throughout high school and would like to attempt using it while in Spain. Ireland would be hands down a stop for me. Why? Well, I am very Irish! There are a lot of places I would love to visit. I would love to go back to the Cliffs of Moher in Doolin, but I would also love to visit Dublin. I still have family over there so I would of course love to visit them. Lastly, I would want to make a stop at Egypt. I really just find Egypt very special because of all the pyramids and I would love to see some mummies!

 

The Cost of this trip would be the same cost it is for me to go a semester at Nichols. There is no extra cost. The only reason I would have to pay more is if the cruise took off from Florida, where I would need to pay for my own flight. I hope to one day be able to do the semester at sea, hopefully it will happen!
 
TESTIMONIALS:

1 comment:

  1. Sean

    I would love to do a semester at sea too! I think it would a lot of fun and get to know about every different culture and travel instead of staying in one place for a long period of the time. And I would love to go on a cruise. I've never been so I would love to go on one, and go on a cruise for a semester! That a two for one deal! Loved reading it!!

    -Meghan Dombkowski

    ReplyDelete