Thursday, April 11, 2013

Italian Holiday


I have always dreamt of traveling abroad to Europe or to somewhere tropical. Since I accomplished the tropical goal this past summer, I've decided to focus more on Europe. I’ve considered countries such as France, England, Greece and Ireland; however, if I could leave tomorrow and go anywhere to spend a week or a long weekend, I would choose to travel to Italy.
Once in Italy, I would love to explore the following cities: Florence, Milan, Verona, Sicily and of course, Rome. If I were to fly out of Boston on a Saturday, make a quick stop in Dublin, Ireland and went on to land in Milan, Italy, it would cost me about $1,099 roundtrip, according to expedia.com.

Once in Milan, I would check into my hotel. For example, if I stayed at The Mercure Milano Solari, it would cost me about $63 per night which is very reasonable.

I decided to choose where I would visit and what I would see based off of a tourist guides "Top 10 Places to See in Italy." Italy is a lot to conquer in one day, much like the fact that Rome wasn't built in a day, so because of this fact, I would definitely travel and sight-see according to an experienced tourist or tour guide. Locations on this list include: The Canals of Venice, Colosseum, Santa Maria Del Fiore, Piazza Del Campo and Pompeii.

The average amount of money I would spend on food per day during my trip to Italy would be about 40 Euros or $56 in U.S currency.

I searched reviews on trips to Italy on Tripadvisor.com. The people that posted reviews had toured Italy through the help of Access Italy Tours. After reading many of the reviews, I came to the conclusion that Access Italy Tours, would be a great service to use once in Italy. Many people stated that the tour service allowed for the "trip of a lifetime" and that it was "the best way to see Italy." Some tours can be scams so it is important to know or have an idea of who you are paying to take you around Italy.

 
Canals of Venice









 
 
 







2 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    Great blog! Awesome place to visit! There is so much to do there! You should definitely take a visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I have never been to Italy, but I have never heard a bad thing from people who have been! I have been to Ireland, which I saw was one of your possible options. When we went it was for a family reunion. It was so much fun. The only thing that stinks about Europe, is that they are very classy eaters, and their food portions are so much smaller than ours, I would highly suggest bringing snacks, unless you don’t mind starving! I would also like to one day visit France! My first stop would definitely have to be the Eiffel Tower, then La Louvre, and I would also have to visit the beach at Normandy where a battle took place in World War II, and one of the best historical movies filmed called “Saving Private Ryan.” Well, hope you enjoy your trip to Italy if you ever get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsey great blog! Italy is such an amazing place. I love how romantic it is. of I were to go to Italy I would visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I would visit all the Coliseums if I could. Plus I would eat as much food as possible. You said you would spend $56 dollars I would probably spend twice that much on my food because I love Italian food. My favorite dish is Chicken Parm. I always see in movies the boats that take you down rivers in Venice, I think that would be so romantic to bring my wife to when I am retired. Italy is up there with France as one on the most romantic places on earth I would love to visit this place one day. Once again great blog I like the info and pictures that are in here plus the links are great!

    ReplyDelete